The morning passed all too quickly, with a breathtaking 230km ride over the hills from Trollstigen, 108 kilometres of which, brought us along Sognefjellet National Tourist Route, the highest mountain pass in Northern Europe, at 1,434 metres above sea level. The ride came to an end when Norway's highest mountain, Galdhøpiggen, suddenly came into view, meaning we had arrived at Jotunheimen National Park.
COMBINE YOUR MOTORCYCLE TOUR WITH A REGULAR ROAD TRIP
Want to go travelling with your group of friends, but they don't ride motorcycles? They can just rent a car from CENTAURO, and carry all the luggage, supplies, food, water, tents, sleeping bags and petrol, and join the ride!
Motorcycle Racing Performance Coach, can show you how...
What's the point in spending a fortune on an extra horsepower, if you are not capable of exploiting it’s potential? To get optimum results in motorcycle racing, whether on-road or offroad, or even overland travel, is not just about having the best bike on the market, but also has very much to do with body performance. Unless you can personally function at 100%, there is no way that you will be able to realise the full potential of your motorbike.
European Touring Route works to develop motorcycle tourism in Europe, and attract European and foreign motorcycle, car, camper van and bicycle tourists to travel in Europe.
We see an opportunity to work together with local motorcycle riders, who want to "combine business with pleasure”. We are looking for motorcycle riders who want to be our contacts around Europe, and take care of a defined geographical area.
EXPERIENCE ONE OF THE GREAT COUNTRIES OF THE ETR
SPAIN - This spectacular country will stimulate your senses with magnificent scenery, jagged coastlines, great mountain roads, barren deserts, castles, warm weather, deep history, a strong and vibrant local culture, friendly people, sunshine, fun, flames, Flamenco, and many great local dishes and wines… and that's just for starters...
EXPERIENCE ONE OF THE GREAT REGIONS ALONG THE ETR
La Costa Cálida is calling - what are you waiting for?
This spectacular region will stimulate your senses with magnificent scenery, jagged coastlines, great mountain roads, barren deserts, castles, warm weather, deep history, a strong and vibrant local culture, friendly people, sunshine, fun, flames, Flamenco, and many great local dishes and wines… and that's just for starters...
This is the download section for the current ETR Press Pack. The pack contains a Press Release, 2 logos and 5 photos, for print or online use.
The Press Pack is in ZIP format, so just click on the link below, to start the download.
Then find the ZIP file on your computer and UnZIP it.
If you require any further information than is available in the Press Pack,
The ETR Team.
ADVERTISE DESTINATIONS, REGIONS, HOTELS, ATTRACTIONS, ROUTES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
ETR can promote and proliferate your municipality, region, destination, hotel chain, brand, products and services, throughout our network of touring clubs, groups, motorcycle riders and other tourists, through promotion on the ETR website and across our social media channels.
WHAT WE DO
We manage and operate an online inspiration platform for promoting motorcycle travel and tourism in Europe and worldwide. We hope our recommendations, stories, suggestions and travel experiences are interesting and inspiring to the people that visit our website, and that it will inspire them to discover new travel locations, and find some great new adventures.
GDPR - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our interactions and relationships with our clients and partners are based on trust, and most of our clients, suppliers and partners will have met with us personally in real life, at events, conventions, trade shows, business meetings, at hotels, on tours, expeditions, or on the road, where we have exchanged business cards and contact information. When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes (e.g., by emails, phone calls, tweets, messenger, etc.), we retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your client account.
We have always kept your information safe and secure, and honoured your preferences in how we keep you updated with inspiring new motorcycle travel experiences.
We use collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, billing and client contact.
We do not share your personal data with anyone. We do not transfer your data to other countries or continents.
We do not sell your personal data to any other companies, marketing agencies, research institutions, governments, regimes, organisations, networks or private individuals.
The type of client data we keep for sales/billing purposes is strictly limited to:
Company name, VAT number, company address, company website, company contact email, company phone number, main contact first and last name, and company Linkedin / Facebook Page url.
We DO NOT gather or process any information pertaining to deeper personal information, such as race, ethnicity, health, diet, medication, wealth, habits, purchases, device ID, geolocation information, account numbers, account types, details of payment transactions, details of commercial transactions, details of identity, hobbies, interests, marital status, date of birth, sex, persuasion, preferences, religion, political inclinations, opinions, or any organisational affiliations.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
We are committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Any client data we retain for client interaction is stored offline on an external harddisk, which is stored in a locked metal safe, in a secure, alarmed cellar area. On an island.
We will only share information to public authorities or governments when required by law, regulation, criminal investigation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, from a legitimate government:
A) If it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, terror, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
We occasionally send Mailchimp newsletters to our mailing list of opt-in newsletter subscribers, that have previously signed up through our website, and expressed interest in receiving our newsletters. As always, you can unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
COOKIES AND ONLINE TECHNOLOGIES
By adjusting the technical settings in your browser, you can prevent the storage of and access to cookies on your device. You can manage how your devices can share information with various websites, as well as how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your device's privacy and security settings. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Google Analytics Website Traffic Information: Because of the way Internet communication standards work, when you arrive at or leave our website, we automatically receive the web address of the site that you were referred from. We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use, and the times you access our website. This data is compiled through Google Analytics, and we only use it to monitor fluctuations in website traffic.
EXTERNAL PLATFORMS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the website. Although we own the code, databases, and all rights to the online platform, you retain all rights to your data. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and we are not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third-party websites should review the privacy statements of these sites listed below, before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Google Gsuite - https://cloud.google.com/security/gdpr
Google Analytics - https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/gdpr
Google Maps & Street View - https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy
Amazon AWS - https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/gdpr-center
IFTTT - https://ifttt.com/privacy
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr
Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Twitter - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Twitter - https://gdpr.twitter.com/en/faq.html
Pinterest - https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
StumbleUpon - http://www.stumbleupon.com/privacy
Flickr / Smugmug - https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/products/flickr/index.html
Flickr / Smugmug - https://www.smugmug.com/about/privacy-flickr
Buffer - https://buffer.com/privacy
Bitrix24 - https://www.bitrix24.com/privacy
Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/privacy
Sharkgate - https://www.sharkgate.net/terms-and-conditions
FullContact - https://www.fullcontact.com/privacy
A full list can be supplied if you have a reasonable and legitimate reason for requesting it.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER
You have the right to request access, rectification, restriction and deletion of your personal data held by us, and receive a copy of your personal data in a structured machine-readable format. You also have the right to object to some data processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have the right to object to this. In all other cases, the provision of requested personal data is optional. Your personal data will be retained in accordance with the provisions of the various services listed above. You can, at any time, ask us to delete your details from our records.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
EUROPEAN TOURING ROUTE AS
Postboks 2184, 9508 Alta, Norway.
Effective from 24.05.18
Last updated 24.05.18
JOIN THE ETR PARTNER PROGRAM TODAY!
As an ETR Sales Partner you will work together with the ETR team, and earn money on motorcycle tourism.
• Leverage the ETR Brand, you use the ETR website in your marketing and sales activities.
• You get a commission based on sales achieved.
• You will get your own territory.
• Ease of operation - you can focus purely on sales, and leave all the "paperwork" to us!
Can I become an ETR Sales Partner?
• You have passion for motorcycle riding.
• You have solid experience within the area of sales.
• You are good at teamwork and used to working remotely.
• You have a lot of drive, energy, and are interested in making money.
• You maybe have an existing network within the industry?
Terms and Conditions
Briefly describe your background, sales experience, provide your contact details, and we will contact you!
We look forward receiving your e-mail!
The ETR Team
EUROPEAN TOURING ROUTE AS
European Touring Route is a network of sites for exploring Europe in a secure, social and reliable touring environment, providing a useful range of services for riders at each ETR Site along the route.
The range of requirements that ETR can satisfy for motorcyclists, can be summed up in three words:
SECURE // SERVICE // SOCIAL
WHAT WE OFFER:
ETR has established an extensive network of touring clubs, organisations, federations, groups, motorcycle riders and other tourist types. By tethering your brand to ETR, you obtain emotional differentiation, increased brand awareness and visibility, and a great way to reinforce your image, increase retail traffic and increase sales. As an ETR Sponsor, you'll have strong visibility throughout our network, and can attract new customers to your business for future growth.
With 12,638 kilometers of country roads from Nordkapp to Cadiz, the European Touring Route leads the motorcycle tourist through wild scenery, along unspoiled and rugged coastlines, through breathtaking mountain ranges and over fertile rural landscapes, with interesting locations and ETR Sites, hotels, attractions, and places to visit and buy local products, along the way.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ETR MAILING LIST
By using the EUROPEANTOURINGROUTE.com web site (“Service”), or any services of EUROPEAN TOURING ROUTE (ETR), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
ETR reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While ETR prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that ETR cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. ACCOUNT TERMS
1. You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
2. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. API TERMS
Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses ETR, is bound by these Terms of Service plus the following specific terms:
1. You expressly understand and agree that ETR shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if ETR has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
2. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to ETR via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. ETR, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. ETR will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
3. ETR reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
C. PAYMENT, REFUNDS, UPGRADING AND DOWNGRADING TERMS
1. The Service is billed in advance on a yearly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
2. All fees and transactions are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
3. For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
4. Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. ETR does not accept any liability for such loss.
D. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation.
2. All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
3. ETR, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other ETR service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. ETR reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
E. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
1. ETR reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the ETR Site (ETR.com) or the Service itself.
3. ETR shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
F. COPYRIGHT AND CONTENT OWNERSHIP
1. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your profile to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view your Content.
2. ETR does not pre-screen User Content, but ETR and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
3. You shall defend ETR against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against ETR by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify ETR for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable legal fees incurred by, ETR in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that ETR (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases ETR of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
G. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email. Support is only available in English.
3. You understand that ETR uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
4. You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, ETR, or any other ETR service.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by ETR.
6. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
7. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any ETR customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
8. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
9. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
10. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
11. If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by ETR) of other ETR customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
12. ETR does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
13. You expressly understand and agree that ETR shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if ETR has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
14. The failure of ETR to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and ETR and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and ETR (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Norwegian law.
H. PERSONAL INJURY, EQUIPMENT LOSS OR DAMAGE
1. The European Touring Route is a suggested route, based on riding experience of the owners of European Touring Route AS, Norway. Therefore, the physical route itself is subject to change and modification over time, in relation to new road infrastructure, re-routing, road works, and other construction and maintenance initiatives, which are being carried out on an ongoing basis, throughout the European road network.
European Touring Route AS can in no way be held responsible for changes to the road infrastructure in the countries along the route, delays due to road maintenance, diversions, temporary re-routing, closed roads, closed mountain passes, badly maintained roads, road tolls, ferry schedules, traffic congestion around cities and other traffic-related occurrences.
In the same way, European Touring Route AS can not be held responsible for changing weather conditions along the route, or delays due to rain, snow, winds, or roads closed due to flash flooding, landslides, avalanches, sea surges, storms, or other weather-related events.
European Touring Route AS can in no way be held responsible for theft, loss, or damage to personal belongings, vehicles, photography equipment, or other travel equipment. Likewise, European Touring Route AS cannot be held responsible for personal injury or damage, death or disablement of any person traveling on the roads of the route. It is the responsibility of every user of the European Touring Route to beforehand, assess their own ability, their riding or driving experience, physical condition, mental condition, vehicle condition, vehicle type, and make the necessary equipment safety checks, before they ride or drive the ETR route.
From Nordkapp to Cadiz, the European Touring Route leads the motorcycle tourist through wild scenery, along unspoiled and rugged coastlines, through breathtaking mountain ranges and over fertile rural landscapes, with interesting locations and ETR Sites, hotels, attractions, and places to visit and buy local products, along the way.
For motorcycle tourists, Europe has vast stretches of long winding hairpins, sections with many switchbacks, great coastal roads, mountain tunnels, spectacular bridges, and some of the most breathtaking mountain passes in the world. ETR ties all of those together, into one large route.
The route is designed to breathe new life into rural areas in each country, with a focus on rural towns and villages, secluded mountain and coastal areas, where locals can sell their produce, products and services to tourists using the ETR route.
ETR encourages and promotes Tourism, History, Culture, Geography, Gastronomy, Experiences, Attractions, Shopping, Wellness.
ETR brings the traveler to National Parks, Rural Villages, Castles, Museums, Exhibitions, Hotels, Restaurants, Bars, restaurants and great Café’s.
ETR is used by Motorcyclists, Car tourists, Camper Vans, Bicycles, Pilgrims, Walkers, Hikers, and other tourists and travellers.
The explorative road trip, and the freedom of making your own motorbike trip through the countries of Europe. Motorbike Europe A/S is a Danish company that promotes motorcycle tourism across the old national borders in Europe, through the cradle of Western culture. Motorbike Europe A/S is your guide throughout all corners of the individual European countries.
RIDER SAFETY - EU GUIDES, REPORTS AND PROGRAMMES
Rider Safety ranks very high on ETR's list of priorities, and we work hard to promote a safe riding environment for riders to enjoy the ETR route. This is one of the reasons we avoid large cities and heavy traffic on motorways, and focus on well-maintained country roads. Below, you will find some interesting and informative guides and manuals relating to Rider Safety, produced by various panels and groups of experts in the field.
At European Touring Route AS we're always ready to respond to your feedback, business inquiries, route suggestions, sales leads and partnership proposals.
Contact us at the email address below, and one of us will respond to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
EUROPEAN TOURING ROUTE AS
Norway - See more at: http://188.8.131.52/content/index.php/contact#sthash.WpMJfDgW.dpuf
WHAT IS AN ETR SITE?
An ETR Site is a hotel, motel, guest house, B&B, caravan park or camping ground, situated on, or within driving distance of the main European Touring Route. An ETR Site provides a range of tourism-specific services, and sells ETR products and services to the touring people that overnight there, and choose that ETR Site as their base, for exploration of the local area.